Senior technical sales-focused professional with over twenty years’ experience in the IT industry. Excellent written and presentation skills. Treated as the trusted advisor and very highly respected by customers, colleagues and channel partners. Having worked at resellers and vendors in sales, pre-sales and channel sales roles, I have an extensive knowledge in working with customers at various levels, from end users to executives.
- Awarded Most Valued Person in 2017 by CEO
- Award for leading the Solution Architecture for the largest deal in 2016 – HPE
- Worldwide Social Media Champion at Pexip and Polycom
- Polycom Top Achievers Club 2012 – 141% of Target
- Involved with closing the 4 out of the top 5 deals in Polycom EMEA in 2012 – $5.5m+ in value
Crestron | Enterprise UC Technical Director, EMEA | August 2019 – Present
Joined Creston to work with the Enterprise UC Product stack consisting of certified Microsoft Teams devices along with Zoom devices. Role is to drive the Microsoft relationship and go to market around EMEA brining strategy and vision to our clients.
Pexip | Director, Solutions Architecture, UKI, MEA | December 2015 – August 2019
Solution architecture lead for UK, Ireland, Middle East & Africa. Also, cover the rest of EMEA when needed. Focus on meeting customers/partners to understand their requirements and then develop a high/low-level technical overview of the Pexip platform around their needs, and integrating with existing or planned customer infrastructure
Provide technicaltraining to the partners and end users Respond toRFI/RFP either directly to customers or via channel partners Deep insightand experience with leading cloud IaaS platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS andGoogle Advise customersin selecting the most suitable deployment of on-premises, hybrid or cloudor even a SaaS model from a partner An experton the Pexip platform and its interoperability technologies for the Microsoftcommunications stack and Google Hangouts Meet Integral tothe strategic develop the Pexip/Microsoft partnership – educating sales and technicalon the solution for Skype for Business and Teams Product management– working with engineering to provide feedback on feature requests andtest out new builds Carried outthe migration from G Suite to Office 365, including a Lync 2013 to Skype forBusiness migration Present seminarsat major industry events worldwide, including Gartner Symposium/ITXPO Take partin Global Marketing activities, and have ownership of multiple related criticalactivities
- Plan and run various exhibitions such as Microsoft Inspire, MS Ignite,
Gartner Symposium, Integrated Systems Europe, and others Leadthe global competitive analysis of competing vendors and keep the whole company updated
Dimension Data UK | Sales Specialist | September 2014 – December 2015
Sales Specialist working initially in the Media and Service Provider sector focusing on collaborative technologies based on Polycom, Microsoft Cisco, Avaya, Acano (now Cisco) and Citrix. Responding to RFI/RFP with direct clients and via the channel (Service Providers).
• Developing Service Providers to use Dimension Data as their route to market for voice and video technologies
• Working with other third parties to bring together a total solution for the client
• Host clients at vendor Executive Briefings and deliver presentations on workspace technologies
• Keep up to date with all vendor’s technologies
• Forecasting and keeping Salesforce up to date.
OpenText | Regional Manager | Information Exchange November 2013 – August 2014
• Working on building a new channel within the security arena for the Secure Mail and Secure MFT applications.
• Working with existing legacy partners to understand, train and develop on the new secure messaging applications.
• Keep Salesforce up to date with opportunities and forecasts
Polycom | Channel Business Manager January 2010 – November 2013
Responsible for developing and growing the Polycom business within HP, Computacenter, SCC, AVM Impact and Electrosonic. Working with direct and indirect partners in addition to working with the channel and customers directly.
Overall Performance since January 2011 – Generated $10.1m in hardware & services revenue
• FY12 – Achieved 141% YTD of my $7.6m target
• FY11 – Achieved 126% YTD of my $4.1m personal target
• FY10 – Achieved 91% of UK&I Team Target
Polycom | Senior Systems Engineer January 2007 – January 2010
• Successfully rolled out
• Project managed and deployed the BT/Polycom demo facility in London and assisted with New York
• Subject Matter Expert for leading products and assisted with beta test plans – feeding back to R&D
Telinet (now nui) | Pre-Sales Consultant/IT Manager June 1999 – December 2006
• Successfully managed the deployment of an Avaya PBX and Nortel Networks ISDN WAN for a major UK retailer (Faith Shoes). The project then expanded to all over UK and Ireland – over 300 sites. Evaluated, tested and learned Cisco routers (36xx and 8xx series). Designed global template for all sites and installed Head Office routers
• Tested, installed and configured a Telco billing platform which is now the UK’s leading billing platform. Involved traveling across the UK to install and train up resellers on how to use the product
• With the recent merger of our company and another, responsible for their IT infrastructure
University of Wolverhampton September 1995 – June 1999
• BA (Hons) Business Studies | Grade 2:1