Episode Five – Tuesday 18th August 2020
Episode Five was a great session, lots of good conversation around managing MTRs with the Teams Admin Center and a quick look at MTR Premium management. Again, kudos to Phil for joining from Australia. Slides below as well as some Q&A.
Q&A from Episode Five
- How to disable Teams Admin Center via XML Config?
- <DisableTacCommunication> and set True.
- Do you have any insight to improves in RBAC that might be in the pipeline
- We understand Microsoft are working on this feature. Customers can consent Partners to do this today, but RBAC roles are coming to Teams Admin Center later this year.
- Is the ability to apply windows updates/peripheral updates via the TAC something that’s on the roadmap?
- No Comment 🙂
- Is there a communication standard being considered for that health and status monitoring of peripherals?
- All communications is done over USB, so no standard per-sa
- Do you know if MTR Premium is available for GCC customers?
- Not for GCC High, not sure for GCC low.
- Using the Microsoft portals admin.*.microsoft.com can be slow when used via a proxy. Seen good results with Edge/Credge
- I’m a Microsoft Employee, I use a Mac as my personal computer, I’ve installed the new Edge Chromium and made that my default browser on my Mac, because it is that “good”
- I am piloting the ThinkSmart View and it showed up in my TAC as an IP Phone device.
- That’s correct, they will show up as a “phone” right now
- How do you content share with those devices (Teams Personal Devices)? Do they connect to your PC somehow?
- You need external joined device for sharing. New features coming as previewed in the teaser video.
- Does the Mercury Mini still use the same backplate with the PC, etc. as the larger ones? unclear from the website/docs.
- Yes it does when it is sold as a Microsoft Teams Room. The Audio Only version is just the MM30.
- I have been attempting to test Coordinated Meetings with MTR + Hub but I did run into an issue with my Hub not joining. Seems to be related to my hub being in Public Preview win10Teams OS. Rebuilding my hub2s right now.
- Read Yoav’s blog here on a step by step guide https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6701338675910987776/
- To confirm these settings are from 22.214.171.124 update?
- Yes, coordinated meetings is from 126.96.36.199 rolling out in the Microsoft Store now
- Do you recommend placing NUC (Tap unit) under conference room table rather than behind Front of Room Display to make Proximity Join work better?
- We recommend placing the NUC in a location where users won’t “tinker” with it.
- Laptop sitting right next to the device I see the problem – thanks, will test with external dongle
- I have tried an external USB dongle and used a 15ft extension cable so the Bluetooth is under the table rather behind the screen. Not all BT adapters are the same. It might be trial and error.