I am a highly motivated and creative manager with over 20 years experience in the IT & Telecommunications sector, with over 15 years in providing pre and post-sales technical consultancy. I am a dynamic, energetic and professional individual with excellent written and verbal communications skills. I have consistently been nominated and awarded “star” of the quarter for contributions to the team, dedication to the channel team and specific team support. Given my deep solution understanding, I am viewed as the trusted advisor and well respected by both partners and customers.
- Polycom Top Achievers Club 2012 – 141% of Target
- Involved with closing the 4 out of the top 5 deals in Polycom EMEA in 2012 – ~$5.5m+ in TCV
- Over achieved targets for 11 consecutive quarters at Polycom
- Awarded Top Performers Award in 2009 by Polycom CEO
- Worldwide Social Media Champion at Pexip, OpenText and Polycom
Pexip | Director, Solution Architecture, UKI & MEA | December 2015 – Present
Looking after solution architecture for some of the worlds largest collaboration deployments, use of cloud computing such as Microsoft Azure, AWS and GCP. Assisting with organizing and running trade shows such as Microsoft Inspire and Ignite, ISE, UC Expo etc.
Dimension Data | Sales Specialist – Collaboration & End User Computing | September 2014 – December 2015
Sales specialist working in the Media & Comms team providing guidance to clients on their collaboration strategies and goals.
OpenText | Regional Manager | Information Exchange (IX) November 2013 – August 2014
Regional Manager covering the UK&I for the Information Exchange division at OpenText. Working with distributors, resellers and end users to sell the suite of IX products including Secure Mail, Secure Managed File Transfer (MFT) and other messaging products, either on premise or cloud based.
- The first Account Executive within OpenText to acquire a new customer of the new Secure Mail service in the world through a UK based partner.
- Developing a new channel within the security sector for the Secure Mail and Secure Managed File Transfer applications.
- Sole responsibility of exhibiting at Info Security Europe within two weeks from negotiating stand space and costs, to the configuration of the graphic images to organising the materials, promotional items and staff roster.
- Working with existing legacy partners to understand, train and develop the new secure messaging applications.
Polycom | Channel Business Manager January 2010 – November 2013
Responsible for developing and growing the Polycom business within HP, Computacenter, SCC, AVM Impact and Electrosonic. Working with direct and indirect partners in addition to working with the channel and customers directly, deal value range from $10k to over $2m. Increased average deal size from $30k to $150k. Sales cycle range from 3 to 18 months. Work with all levels within the organisation from facilities, IT, finance to board level. Have worked across many verticals including retail, banking, healthcare and public sector. Daily roles vary from hosting customers at the EEC, specifying unified communications solutions with integrations into partners such as Microsoft, IBM, Avaya and Mitel, quoting for the solutions.
Overall Performance since January 2011 – Generated $10.1m in hardware & services revenue
- FY13 (to October 31st) – Achieved 97% YTD of $8.52m target. On track to over achieve in 2013.
- FY12 – Achieved 141% YTD of $7.6m target
- FY11 – Achieved 126% YTD of my $4.1m target
- FY10 – Achieved 91% of UK&I Target
Example Projects Won
- Global electronics company deploying a unified communications solution across EMEA as part of phase one, expanding globally in phase two. Multiple hardware and software platforms to be integrated and delivered with professional services.
- Global mobile power company, competition from competitors (both manufacturers and other Polycom resellers) however the solution design and account management that we provided secured the project.
During 2010, I was tasked with a new role within Polycom to on board two new alliances, Microsoft and HP UK&I. The role was to act as the business development /partner account manager to educate and skill up both sales and technical teams on the Polycom unified communications solutions that compliment Microsoft & HP solution with the objective of creating self sufficient partners, promoting the Polycom solutions. In addition, I assisted with bringing Dimension Data on board and helped close their first Polycom win – deal value $450k.
Polycom | Senior Systems Engineer January 2007 – January 2010
Recruited to cover a variety of channels and provide SE resource in the way of product education and solution design to our customers and channels. Within 3 months, was dedicated to the BT account. Key to developing the account from $2m a year into a $8m account within 18 months with just the channel manager. Designed easy to use tools to help the Polycom & BT sales team sell Polycom solutions rather than competitors. Run training workshops for the 130+ sales team at BT. Key contributor to the global SE team assisting colleagues with technical issues/solution design questions across the globe. Use sales reporting data to track products sold so could focus education and training on least performing products. Developed quarterly communications to provide updates and key information to the partner sales team.
- Successfully rolled out a Sales Engineers Portal Globally and championed the use of social media internally
- Project managed and deployed the BT/Polycom demo facility in London and assisted with New York
- Extraordinary recognition for assisting with New York demo centre deployment as not scope of my role
- Subject Matter Expert for leading products and assisted with internal beta test plans, feeding back to R&D
- Assisted in closing the first BT sold Polycom Immersive telepresence deal into UK Public Sector.
Telinet (now nui) | Pre Sales Consultant/IT Manager June 1999 – December 2006
Supported a team of 14 sales people providing Pre and Post-sales support that included closing deals of from ú5k single site deals to ú500k multi-site networks for various clients such as Faith Shoes, Chloride Power, Iron Mountain. Focused on TDM and VoIP platforms from Avaya and Mitel clients. Support included: delivering technical presentations/proposals, demonstrations, trade exhibitions, responding to RFI/RFPs for LAN/WAN Voice/Data projects using technologies such as IP VPN/MPLS, xDSL networks.
- Successfully managed the deployment of an Avaya PBX and Nortel Networks ISDN WAN for a major UK retailer (Faith Shoes). Project then expanded to all over UK and Ireland, over 300 sites. Evaluated, tested and deployed Cisco routers (36xx and 8xx series). Designed global template for all sites and installed Head Office solution.
- Tested, installed and configured a Telco billing platform, now viewed as the UK’s leading billing platform – aBILLity from Union Street Technologies.
- In charge of the internal Enterprise IT systems within Telinet. .
- Successfully completed IT integration post M&A
University of Wolverhampton September 1995 – June 1999
- BA (Hons) Business Studies | Grade 2:1
Other Training & Engagements June 1999 to Present
- IMPACT Decision Making Cycle Sales Training
- VIP2 Sales Training, NLP Training, Microsoft Active Directory, Presentation Skills, Time Management, Polycom Boot Camp Sales Training, Presentation Skills, Influencing & Persuasion Skills, Finance for Non Finance, Building Customer Relationships, Whiteboard Selling
- OpenText EIM Sales Certified, Secure Messaging Certified
- Polycom Video and Infrastructure Courses, Avaya INDeX, IVM, CCM & DRC Installation Courses, Bay Networks Routing, Microsoft NT 4 Workstation and Server Installation and Administration, Great Plains Front Office – Installation and Configuration
- Polycom Certified Video Engineer – June 2012
- Guest speaker at Intranets Live Webinar & wrote a guest blog for Yammer
- Championed an Internal Social Media project at Polycom for the global workforce
- Run my own blog on Unified Communications and technology in general
- Interviewed for articles in trade journals
The new stuff: Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business. The old stuff: Microsoft Windows Server NT from 3.51 to 2016 Server, Windows Desktop 3.1 through to Windows 10, Active Directory, Terminal Services, VMWare Workstation & Server, Exchange 5.5 to 2016, SQL 6.5 to 2012, LCS 2005, OCS2007 R1/R2, Lync 2010/2013, IIS Web Servers, Apache Web Servers, PHP, MySQL, Symantec Backup Exec, Microsoft ISA Server 2000/2004, Linux Firewalls, Watchguard Firewalls, RSA SecurID, Trend Micro Antivirus Applications Suite, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Office 97 to 2016, Seltek Voicemail, Seltek ACD, Avaya INDeX, IVM, CCM, DRC, IPNC Avaya IP Office system and applications, Mitel Networks 3300 3.3 through to 6.1, 6100 Call Centre, Your Assistant 3, Teleworker 3/3.1. HP ProCurve switches, Cisco switches and routers, VLANs, QoS, VPNs, HP/Compaq Hardware, Blackberry Enterprise Server 3.6/4.0
- Interests | Family, social media, travelling and F1
- Divorced with two sons (Leo 7, Jake 5)
697total visits,3visits today